Only 6 spots left!
Cultivating Awareness and Developing Skills: Experiential Learning in the Rocky Mountains
When: Friday, May 26 to Monday, May 29 Who: Beginner to Advanced Hikers/Campers
Join Dr. Wally Rude as he leads this unique and once-in-a-lifetime experiential-based outdoor adventure in the Rocky Mountains. You will spend time hiking, learning about experiential and outdoor education student development theory, plant and wildlife identification, and more! Another goal is that participants will cultivate an awareness of God’s presence through scripture, prayer, natural beauty,
silence, and outdoor activity.This Pre-Conference event is limited to 12 participants accepted on a first-come basis. Please consider joining this outdoor adventure experience that will equip and train student development professionals for effective leadership.
This Outdoor Adventure Includes:
- Experienced hiking guide
- Transportation to and from Waterton National Park
- National park passes
- 3-night campsite rental with running water and toilet facilities
- All food and drink
- Tents, tarps, dishes, maps, first aid, bug spray, and other supplies
- Cooking stoves, fuel, and cleaning supplies
- Maps, firewood, matches, camp chairs, etc.
- Resource binder with readings and prayers
- Packing list – emailed to participants
- Experienced nurse who will oversee any safety or medical concerns along the way
Does Not Include:
- Flight to Calgary
Early Bird (on or before April 22, 2017): $163
Regular (from May 6 to May 20): $200
Hiking Guide – Wally, Nurse – Paula, Menu Planner – Andrea